Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

This is my second time participating in Top Ten Tuesday! And once again it's so late it's almost Wednesday!
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.
This weeks topic:

 Top Ten Best Bookish Memories


Joey the cat who blogs
Every Time I get on the computer this face  must sit in my lap so he can oversee what I am doing.
So I am not your typical book blogger in that I don't buy new books well ever and, I don't anxiously look forward to new releases. I also have never been to a big book event and I have never been to an author signing. So my bookish memories are all related to personal stuff surrounding family and school type things. So without further ado here it is folks.

1. My Mom Reading me the entire Little House On The Prairie series. Reading the Little House books was a tradition for me, my mom and my sister. When I was 5 and my sister 8 we would lay in my parents bed on either side of my mom and she would read to us. She read lots of books but by far my favorites where Little House books. It's maybe my favorite childhood memory of all time.

2. Book Reports:
I loved book reports when I was in school. I would rather do 10 book reports than one oral report. Whenever a book report was assigned I was so happy. I usually had a book I was already reading for fun so choosing a book to write the report on was easy!

3. Writing A Book:
OK so I was in elementary school and it was about horses but man was it fun! I have no idea why I picked horses as I wasn't really a horse lover but it was awesome. We got to bind them and illustrate them I had a blast!

4. Reading Little Women for the first time:
This was the first book I fell in LOVE with. I wish I could experience it again for the first time.

5. Creating a board game based on Little Women:
When I was in elementary school we had this awesome thing called the invention convention. Basically all the kids got to invent anything they wanted and present it the convention with a whole display board and awards and everything. The one I can remember was in the 3rd grade, I made a game board with question and  answer cards and pieces that corresponded to each girl, marmie and Laurie. I even played it with my mom and sister it was awesome!

6. The Babysitters Club:
I can't! This book series was EVERYTHING to me for a giant portion of my childhood and I collected all the books for quit some time. Alas in the  many moves over the years I have lost or gotten rid of every copy but I still have the memories!! These books got me through some tough times!

7. Reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time:
Talk about another book I wish I could read again for the first time. I watched the 1995 miniseries probably 15 years ago when I was a teenager and fell head over heels in love. I don't know why it took me so long to read the book but I didn't pick it up until about 5 years ago and I fell in love all over again. It's without question my favorite book of all time.

8. The library down the road from my middle school:
I will be honest middle school straight sucked hard core! The one bright spot was when they built the brand new library down the road from us.  Lots of the teachers would walk their classes down to the library to do research and check out books. I literally developed a relationship with the librarian that has lasted to this day.


OK so it's not ten but the eight are significant to me. I realized as I was going through these that all but one of them correlates to my childhood. Not sure what that says about me but it's probably Freudian and bad!! I also realized I use the exclamation point way too much but whatcha gonna do?!?



 Until Next Time









No comments:

Post a Comment