Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

This is my first Top Ten Tuesday which is a meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish. They are quite creative and came up with a giant list of top ten book related topics that they and other bloggers post about every Tuesday.
Today's topic is....
Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever
So without further ado here is my so late it's almost Wednesday Top Ten Tuesday list in no particular order

1. Mr Bennet from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
He is so checked out from his wife and kids. I agree that most of his daughters are silly and ignorant but it's kind of his fault. Maybe if he had been a little more "hands on" in the parenting department things would be different! Yeah I know fathers weren't hands on so much back then but that frustrates me too. I think however the worst part is that no one seems to think it's wrong! Even Lizzie who sees most every one's flaws seems to miss this one in her father!

2. EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER in the Hannah Swensen series by Joanne Fluke.
Everyone is so naive and nobody can seem to take a joke or make a good one. The way these people talk I just can't believe it.  Oh and Hannah needs to make up her mind already either marry one of them or break up with both of them sheeesh! Sometimes I spend so much time rolling my eyes I get a headache!

3. Nick from Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I mean grow a back bone and man up already!! I wanted to slap him and cry for him but mostly slap him! He could have stopped this before it went where it went if he had just stepped up and left the girl a long time ago!

4. Inspector Beauvoir from the Armand Gamache series by Louise Penny
He is so closed minded and judgmental. Even though Gamache is so open minded and reasonable nothing seems to rub off on Beauvoir. And even though his assumptions keep getting proved wrong he is still so hard headed!

5. Aurelia from Palace Council by Stephen L. Carter. 
Girl why did you make Eddie wait almost 20 years? If she had just married Eddie instead of what's his name so many terrible things could have been avoided and some heartache averted! She may not have been wealthy but she would've been happy!

6. Darcy in Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
Do I need to say why? What a brat you just want to slap her almost every time she is even mentioned. The thing that made me most frustrated was that she reminded me of a relative and yeah that didn't help.

7. Olivier from the Armand Gamache series by Louise Penny (specifically in The Brutal Telling)
This dude lies and lies and lies! He lied to Gabri the man he is supposed to love. He lies to Gamache even though they are in the middle of a murder investigation. He lies to all his friends in town! And then the man has the nerve to get mad at Gamache! FRUSTRATING!!

8. Antonia in The Weight Of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf
Mother's are supposed to protect their children and Antonia doesn't even come close to protection. She allows some terrible things to take place and I just want to shake her.  I get it she is poor and she has a couple of little kids and that makes things difficult but, there are just some things a mother shouldn't allow under any circumstances.

9. Marianne Dashwood in Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Oh Marianne, Marianne, Marianne. You make bad choices always bad choices! I can't get behind anything she does. I hate Willoughby for obvious reasons but I can't get behind Colonel Brandon either. In my opinion she should have held out just a bit longer and maybe someone else would have come along!

10.  Jonah Robb from the Kinsey Milhone series by Sue Grafton
Men without backbones really annoy me! His wife is a nasty shrew but he wont leave! I don't get it and I want to scream every time the story goes there! 

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment