Thursday, January 24, 2013

The 13th (The One Where I Buy Some Books)

I am seriously cheap. I mean I won't spend more than $3 on nail polish without feeling like I might pass out.  So the point is I almost never buy new books, and if I do they are never full price. I am a huge fan of second hand stores, goodwill's, thrift stores and used book stores.
 So today I am going to share with you the books I picked up at a local thrift store called Savers. The books run between $2-$3 dollars and when you buy 4 you get one free. Great Deal!!
So here they are in no particular order.
Check Me Out On Goodreads I love to read about historical figures especially in regards to Anne Boleyn and Marie Antoinette. This was a no brainer based on title/subject alone.



Check Me Out On Goodreads I picked this up because the cover was so creepy. The synopsis sounded haunting and I love books with long buried family secrets which I think this book may have.


Check Me Out On Goodreads Now I know The Color Purple of course but I have to confess I have never heard of any other Alice Walker novels. This sounds sad but also compelling and so unlike most other things I have read.



Check Me Out On Goodreads I know nothing about this book or Barbara Kingsolver. I picked this up because another author I enjoy recommended it simple as that.



Check Me Out On Goodreads See above. I have heard people mention this title but I never really took the time ti find out about it. The synopsis sounds really good am I think I may read this one before the other Kingsolver book I got.




 Check It Out On Goodreads I have never heard of this book, never heard of the author. I picked it up because of the cover and, kept it for the description of it.


 
 Check It Out On Goodreads I watch a you tube channel called 1book1review ( click ME to check it out) and she has mentioned Mitch Albom on several occasions as being one of her favorite authors.  The way she talks about his books made me interested and the description of this book in particular was what really pulled me.


So that  was it
This will not be a regular thing because I am cheap like I said before, but also because I am saving up to buy some awesome Backstreet Boys tickets.  So there might be some library type stuff going on but not alot of buyin.




Until Next Time



No comments:

Post a Comment